Because Struts is a layered application, you can stress test the performance of your data layer by itself. If the DAO is slow, or the SQL is slow, then Struts can't serve it fast.

So, test the performance of DAO layer.
.V

Koon Yue Lam wrote:
Hi ! My application has change from Struts + Tomcat to Struts + Jboss 3.X

I create various struts Actions to deal with incoming request, in the
Action class, it preform remote lookup of session bean's home
interface and create, destory ... it.

My session bean has an DAO attach to it to preform database related stuffs
NO entiy beans in my application since transaction is not a problem
and most DB query are read only

The question is the speed, it is much slower when I request an Action
instead of directly request a servlet. Is it normal ? I don't mind a
little bit preformance tradeoff but I want to know the delay is caused
by Struts or something else.

Any help?

Regards