From: Shailender Jain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 10:04 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Intermediate loading page

Hi Puneet,

I am really in needs of such a type of javascript code.
This code should work both on IE and netscape.

I know i need to use the <DIV> and <LAYER> tag.
Any indicator for such a  type of code will be really helpfull.

Regards
Shailender Jain

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But if you change your approach of showing "work in process" label,
> while the report is being generated, to this one, both your problems
> get solved.
>
> "write some javascript that will show a layer which is opaque in the
> browser, and let that layer show some text like 'processing...' in
> blinking mode. invoke this function onSubmit event of your screen. The
> report gets fired at the server side and when it gets generated it
> send response to the browser"
>
> the advantages of this approach are
> 1.        You avoid one network round trip ( which is a primary focus
> for architects of remotely accessible applications, that have high
> network latency)
> 2.        There is no flag at the server side therefore half complete
> reports get completed and those are not sent anywhere and does not
> cause any problem.
>
> do u think it can work for u ?
>
> Regards,
> Puneet Agarwal
> Tata Consultancy Services
> Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Website: http://www.tcs.com
>

> "Jim Barrows"
                                        "Struts Users Mailing List"
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                To <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  07/23/2004 05:03 AM                cc
      Please respond to         Subject RE: Intermediate loading page
    "Struts Users Mailing
            List"
   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>