In this case, not really.... what he wanted was that when a new user logged in, if
someone was already using that login id, to knock them off.  Which, if they had just
done what you describe, would be okay.  The session listener would remove the session
from the list of active sessions for house keeping (if you TO the sessions) and in
case the user actually logged out.