You can set the locale="true" on the controller configuration, to let
the ActionServlet create a Locale object corresponding to the request
and store in the session.

In your jsp you can use <bean:write/> to display the localized date in
the way shown below

<bean:write name="date" formatKey="date.format.key"/>
this will show the date corresponding to the bean "date" by looking up
the format found for the formatKey specified in the resources
corresponding to the Locale.

You can also give the name of the locale bean to use, if you choose
not to set the <controller> configuration, my creating a Locale by
looking in the request headers.

<bean:write name="date" formatKey="date.format.key" locale="locale"/>

Thanks,
Kishore Senji.