From: Shilpa Vaidya [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 4:36 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [OT]:JSp and database

I guess you have answere the question ur self.
definetly writing beans would be helpful and not charge the jsp files.
Just a suggestion - if possible y dont u use a MVC approach and have DAO
classes and bean classes to populate ur data. Though this means a lot of
work...So best of luck Shilpa

Hi All,

I don't know if a similar query has been posted already.

I have an existing JSP which has lot of JDBC code embedded in it.

I have a performance issue in this that the combo boxes on this JSP
wherein data comes from the database are taking very long time to
populate.

I think the issue is with writing JDBC statements in the JSP directly. I
need inputs on this.

Is the presence of JDBC statements affecting the performance of this JSP
? Should I write a separate bean with all my queries in it and use this
in the JSP?

Regds

Aditya

--

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information. It
should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.
If you have erroneously
received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the
sender. The recipient
acknowledges that ICICI Bank or its subsidiaries and associated
companies,  (collectively "ICICI
Group"), are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the
integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail
transmissions and further acknowledges that any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no
binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the
sender does so expressly with due authority of ICICI Group.Before
opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects."