I have a logic:iterate tag that is creating HTML table rows.

I want to set a bgcolor variable to use for each row. If the row is even numbered, I want to use color A. If the row is odd numbered, I want to use color B.

What tags should I use? What EL operation should I use to determine if the current iterator index is even or odd?

I was thinking along the lines of:

begin logic:iterate
 set bg color var to 'A'
 if iterator index is odd, set bg color to 'B'
 render the table row
end logic:iterate

I would appreciate some advice on how to implement this neatly, using the EL tags or JSTL tags. I'm trying to graduate from using scriptlets for stuff like this.

Thanks,
Erik