Jim Barrows wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael McGrady [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 4:33 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: using tiles with dynamic links

At 04:12 PM 8/10/2004, you wrote:

But he used the keyword 'dynamic'. So presumably it's more

than a static

file that he wants to include.

He said "I wish to make some of my tiles return content from web pages outside my site i.e. kind of like using frames. can this be done with tiles?" Does this question turn on the dynamic or static nature of the file? If so, I don't know why. I kinda like your suggestion of using pearl. LOL You soccer types are a trip.

What file? He's talking about doing something like:
<definition name="searchHistory" extends="mainLayout">
<put name="title" value="Search History"/>
<putList name="centerList">
<add value="http://www.google.com"/>
</putList>
</definition>
Which you can't do in tiles.

I am so impressed by the reponse this question has received though the answer is still elusive. what i want to do was have a definition
with a <put name="top" value="http://www.google.com"/> in it. This does not appear to work. The dynamic part was that I wanted to use a tile controller to change the url at runtime depending on a session parameter. currentl I am looking at using URLConnection to do the actual connecting but I will look at the jakarta scrape tag too.

thanks