The short answer, as other have said is of course no.  However, it can be easier to
deal with a form then grabbing the var from the request itself, depending on your
definition of easy, especially with being able to dynamically genereate your forms in
the strutsconfig itself.
In addition, if you already have a form for showing the full object, you can use it to
just get the id.  Appfuse does this quite a bit.