I got a solution from the tomcat mailing-list:
- It is not possible to intersect a servlet between the login.jsp and the
/j_security_check servlet
-.Therefore it is not possible that the action of the login.jsp form is a
Struts Action(Servlet)
But
You can provide your own Realm (JNDIRealm, JDBCRealm or JAAS Module) along
woth your
own subclass of Principal. Your Principal gets more members and access
methods, like for the
credential and more...
It's a hard way but it is standards conform, clean and portable.
I may write more if I was successful with it.

Frerk Meyer

EDEKA Aktiengesellschaft
GB Datenverarbeitung
Frerk Meyer