Instead of commenting out your validate() method

You can do something like this

public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request){
  ActionErrors errors = super.validate(mapping, request);

// If we see the cancel key in the request, since your continue button
is a cancel,
// return null

if(StringUtils.isNotEmpty(request.getParameter(org.apache.struts.taglib.html.Constants.CANCEL_PROPERTY
))){
    return null;
  }
  return errors;