Thanks Susan.

Refer to my comments below

Sebastian Ho

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 21:23, Susan Bradeen wrote:
> Sebastian Ho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/19/2004 05:19:35
> AM:
>
> > hi
> >
> > I used the same actionform for a few JSP pages, which I guess is good
> > practice. The problem occurs when I add in validation in my ActionForm.
> >
> > Because in the struts-config, only one <input> is specified for every
> > Action. Therefore, whenever validation fails and struts display the
> > error messages, struts prints it in the JSP given in <input>.
> >
> > Ideally, struts should forward and prints out the error messages in the
> > JSP that calls the ActionForm.
> >
> > I tried adding in multiple action mapping in my struts-config with
> > identical settings except <input>, which I hope struts will be smart
> > enough to decide which mapping to use. Unfortuntely, it doesn't.
> >

> Yes, you can reuse your actionform for multiple action mappings, but are
> your action mappings really identical except for the input? If I
> understand what you are trying to do, it sounds like you should have:
>
> Action1 specifies ActionForm1 and input JSP1 and forwards to JSP1.
> JSP1 probably then submits to Action2.
> Action2 specifies ActionForm1 and input JSP2 and forwards to JSP2.
> JSP2 probably then submits to Action3.
> Action3 specifies ActionForm1 and input JSP3 and forwards to JSP3.

All of them ues the same action Action because I am using
LookupDispatchAction.

So the struts-config ideally should be (which doesn't work) :
Action1 specifies ActionFrom1 and input JSP1.
Action1 specifies ActionForm1 and input JSP2.
Action1 specifies ActionForm1 and input JSP3.

How do I achieve this effect?