You can have a variable called action in your action
form. You can set that variable as view or edit. Now
for the first time, the action can be view. You lookup
for the customer. If you find, you display. If you
dont find, (check this with some <c:if> tag ) you
display a text field and a ADD CUSTOMER button. You
enter the customer name, and click the add button.
Again it takes  you to the same action class. This
action class extends the LookupDispatchAction class.
You have different methods for different buttons in
that class.(lookup,add etc.). You need only one jsp,
one action form and one action class that extends from
the LookupDispatchAction class.
HTH