The servlet dispatcher can only forward to local servlets and jsps, so
it's not really an option.

Anyway, usually it's not a good idea flowing unsecure parameters from
http to https, you could try to pass via javascript (through jquery
[1]), but it's always a security risk.

[1] http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.post/

On 21 June 2011 09:41, Roger Varley <roger.var...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 20:44 -0500, John Himpel wrote:
>> Good evening,
>>
>> I have an S2 application the needs to:
>> 1) Verify some input parameters (I know how to do this)
>> 2) Retrieve some additional data based upon the input parameters (I
>> know
>> how to do this).
>> 3) Then format a "post" type http request with hidden fields
>> containing
>> data from #1 and #2 above to be sent via https to an outside vendor
>> provided web based application running in the outside vendor's domain.
>> 4) The vendor app will then process the application to completion.
>>
>> I believe I know how to do this as a "get" http request by defining
>> the
>> "redirect" result in struts.xml.  However, I'm at a loss on how do
>> this
>> via a "post" request.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
>
> To facilitate HTTP comms between your action and a third party web-app
> you may wish to look at the client portion of Apache HTTPComponenents
> http://hc.apache.org/ (which I've never used although I've used it in
> it's previous incarnation as HttpClient) or HttpUnit
> (http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/) which is heavier and emulates a
> browser in it's own right. Originally designed for unit-testing web
> pages, it works well when used to scrape third-party web-apps, form-fill
> etc etc.
>
> Regards

Maurizio Cucchiara