I remember I'm new with Struts2 ;-)

Why do I use Struts2/Tiles/openJPA?

openJPA: to work with database entities
tiles: to work with layouts
struts2: the action concept and the posibility to make mapping between
html and the object in my action.

example:

model:
class Person() {
  private int id;
  private String name;
  public String getName() { return name; }
  public int getId() { return id; }
  public void setName(String name) { this.name = name; }
  publci void setId(int id) { this.id = id; }
}

action:
PersonAction extends {

  private Person person;

  @override
  public String execute throws Execption {

    //read Person 1 from DB
    person = em.find(1, Person.class);

    return SUCCESS;

html:
<s:textfield name="person.id" label="id" />
<s:textfield name="person.name" label="name" />

When I must read the request, why do I use Struts2... Servlet do the same.

Thanks
Marco