(1)I believe the word [template] in struts2 means,
the template file to render a struts2 tag.
for example, the file
  [struts2-core-2.2.3.jar]/template/xhtml/form.ftl
is a template file to render the tag <s:form> using theme "xhtml"

(2)what you are trying to do, is to change the jsp file location which
will be used to render the action result. This is different to the
[template].
maybe you can use [Parameters in action result definitions], described
by the following document:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/parameters-in-configuration-results.html