Sorry, the format of my email broken again.
Send it again.

The error message is
"optGroupInternalListUiBean.parameters is undefined"

I had a quick look at the source of Struts2 and tag template,

In [template/simple/optgroup.ftl]:

line 23: <#if parameters.optGroupInternalListUiBeanList??>
line 24: <#assign
optGroupInternalListUiBeans=parameters.optGroupInternalListUiBeanList
/>
line 25: <#list optGroupInternalListUiBeans as optGroupInternalListUiBean>
line 26: <optgroup
line 27:        <#if optGroupInternalListUiBean.parameters.label??>

error occurred in line 27,

and the [optGroupInternalListUiBean] should be an instance of
org.apache.struts2.components.ListUIBean,
which inherit from org.apache.struts2.components.Component,
and the method [getParameters] of [Component] should return a map,
which should be never null.
So, I think this error should not occur.

The source version I have read is [struts2-core-2.2.3.jar],
maybe you need upgrade to the latest version,
and see if the error happen.