In OGNL, the "==" test will call the equals method,
so, I believe the expression "#selectedOffer==#queryString" should work.

Read the following document:
http://commons.apache.org/ognl/language-guide.html
In the sector [Operators], there is a table describe all the operators.

If you think the test result is not correct, you need print out the
variables, to check what value they really are.