> Has anyone developed Wizard in Struts 2 without using Spring webflow
plugin.

I have done it with and without jQuery, but find that the jQuery form
wizard plug-in [1] is by far the easiest. In short, you create a div each
to represent each step and add class="step" to the div, and you're pretty
much done as far as the wizard coding is considered. The plug-in handles
breaking the form into multiple wizard steps. Then the wizard pages look
like 1 big form to Struts 2 when the last page is submitted (the plug-in
handles making the last page a submit). Validations can be handled via the
validation plug-in. You probably want a paranoid validation step at the
action level. If there is an error there, that the jQuery validation
didn't catch, then there was probably some outside manipulation (if you
did validations correctly) and a generic error message, outside of the
wizard, would be acceptable and probably never seen by the average user.

If you don't use jQuery, then just store the object you're dealing with
(model) in the session and iteratively update it at the end of each wizard
step. If there is more than just the one model object, then store a DTO in
the session and call that your model. That's essentially how I did it
anyway, without going into every gory detail which I don't really have
time for.

[1] http://thecodemine.org/