Hi Joann,

Can you please confirm what version of Struts you are using?

You appear to be using Struts 2 for your application [1]; however it
appears you are referencing Struts 1.x validation information.  Perhaps I'm
missing something?

[1]
http://struts.1045723.n5.nabble.com/How-to-implement-alternate-error-messages-in-the-Struts-validation-framework-Struts-2-0-1-4-td5522076.html

Best,