My Struts Views are made up of JSP and Tiles and the resulting HTML is
untidy to say the least. This causes problems when I try to compare it with
HTML mock-ups. To solve this I'm trying to use the JTidy library to pretty
print the HTML output to the browser.

I'm using the JTidyFilter configured as follows: -

     <filter-mapping>

       <filter-name>StrutsFilter</filter-name>

       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

     </filter-mapping>

     <filter-mapping>

       <filter-name>JTidyFilter</filter-name>

       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

     </filter-mapping>

This seems to be failing because the Struts Filter Dispatchers only pass the
request down the Filter Chain if it is not a Struts Request (e.g. *.action).
Therefore this config will try to pretty-print *.css, *.js, *.img etc. but
completely ignores the outputs of my actions.

Does anyone know a sensible way of pretty printing the Struts HTML output to
the browser?

Many Thanks,

Steve

Steve Higham