I am still confused the way Struts2 internal DI and container.getInstance()
working
since i have this inside my class

private Class provider;
public void setProvider( Class<? extends Provider> provider)
    {
        this.provider = provider;
    }

So if at run time i want to inject my provider, so i will be declaring a
constant for my plugin say

<constant name="provider.name' value="com.abc.MyCustomProvider">

so i believe now i have to do the following steps

1. Get an instance of the provider based on the constant name
2. Init my provider with the instance i got from Struts2 DI

so i guess i need to do this either in init method or my bean constructor

 init(){

    setProvider(container.getInstance(Provider.class,"provider.name"));
}

but above will not work ,since as per the getInstance() method
signature <T>T getInstance
(Class<T> type, String name)
i will getting instance of Provider class and which means either i have to
change the signature of  public void setProvider( Class<? extends Provider>
provider)

which means loosing the generics capability as my intentions are to inject
any class which extends Provider.

i am all confused here and not sure what exact is to do, nor i want to add
any further dependencies.

Any suggestion as how to achieve this?

Thanks