On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:22:34 -0700 (PDT), <name withheld> wrote:
> Do you know when 1.2.1 (or whatever is the latest version) is going
> to be GA'd?  I see that it's been in Beta for about 5 weeks, but my
> boss won't let me install it to production boxes unless it's in GA
> status.  We have a major issue with the FormFile not being
> serializable (fixed in 1.2.1) and he's threatening to have us
> rewrite a good deal of code so we won't be using the non-serialized
> version.

Rather than waste time on throwaway code, a more reasonable approach would be for your
boss to have someone on your team invest a couple of hours a week working on Struts
development. A small amount of consistent effort can buy a surprising amount of merit,
and earn someone committer status. Then someone on your team would have a say in when
releases are rolled and whether a release is GA grade or not.

* http://struts.apache.org/faqs/helping.html

Many corporations, such as IBM, Apple, and Sun have employees working on opens source
teams, so that they are not subject to the vagrancies of volunteers.

In any event, James Mitchell is rolling the 1.2.2 release now, which I would expect to
be rated General Availability before long.

-Ted.