Hi, the goal that I'm trying to reach is to reduce the number of variables
and method into the Struts action to improve code readability and
maintainability.
I'm using hibernate, so I could obtain a good synergy if i can set value
coming from parameters directly into the hibernate model bean, maintaing
the validation at the action level as you recommends.
I prefer to don't insert struts annotation in hibernate bean, I don't know
which effect I can obtain in this way and I don't want to a dependency
between the model and struts.

I don't understand why I have this behaviour in the action. Does the
interceptor need a getter to evaluate the field? What's the convention?

Kind regards
Simone Buzzi