I have downloaded Struts 2.3.14.2 from the following url:
    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts2/branches/STRUTS_2_3_14_2_X/

And have built the apps from this version:
    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts2/branches/STRUTS_2_3_14_2_X/apps/

I am able to deploy and run these apps to Tomcat 6.0.35 on Linux (CentOS)
without problems, but when I deploy and run these apps to Tomcat 6.0.35 on
Windows PC (Vista), I have seen some errors, such as:

(1) Error with the app "struts2-mailreader":
java.io.IOException: Stream closed
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.ensureOpen(JspWriterImpl.java:204)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.flushBuffer(JspWriterImpl.java:115)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl.flush(JspWriterImpl.java:173)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:956)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:624)
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletDispatcherResult.doExecute(ServletDispatcherResult.java:132)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(StrutsResultSupport.java:186)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:371)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:275)
 org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.execute(StrutsActionProxy.java:54)
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:546)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.ExecuteOperations.executeAction(ExecuteOperations.java:77)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.doFilter(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:91)

(2) Error with the app "struts2-blank":

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletContext

freemarker.cache.WebappTemplateLoader.findTemplateSource(WebappTemplateLoader.java:129)

freemarker.cache.MultiTemplateLoader.findTemplateSource(MultiTemplateLoader.java:111)

freemarker.cache.TemplateCache.acquireTemplateSource(TemplateCache.java:609)

freemarker.cache.TemplateCache.findTemplateSource(TemplateCache.java:585)
        freemarker.cache.TemplateCache.getTemplate(TemplateCache.java:356)
        freemarker.cache.TemplateCache.getTemplate(TemplateCache.java:238)
        freemarker.template.Configuration.getTemplate(Configuration.java:493)
        freemarker.template.Configuration.getTemplate(Configuration.java:458)
        org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.sendError(Dispatcher.java:841)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:569)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.ExecuteOperations.executeAction(ExecuteOperations.java:77)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.doFilter(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:91)

I am most interested in the above error "Stream closed", and if some
information or feedbacks could be provided for fixing this issue, it would be
appreciated very much. The main difference I observed is that this issue was
encountered on Windows while no issues were encountered on Linux platform. By
the way, I have made no changes to these apps when deploying them.

Thanks.
Jerry