2013/9/20 Lukasz Lenart [lukaszlen...@apache.org]:
>> I don't think the setter overridding is the problem because I have also
>> tried injecting into a different method (setObjectTypeDeterminerOverride)
>> which didn't work either. Injecting the container doesn't work either
>> because all injections into CandylandCollectionConverter are skipped (I have
>> already tried injecting an ObjectFactory, ReflectionProvider, and a
>> XWorkConverter). I also have already tried composition although the
>> containing converter still inherited from XWorkBasicConverter.
>
> How do you declare bean in struts.xml? As this is strange, if all injections
> are skipped, it must be something else.

We don't actually declare the bean in struts.xml at all. Is that required in
order for @Inject to inject Struts objects into my bean? This has worked
without declaring the bean since we upgraded to Struts 2.1.8 in 2010. Should
I add this to struts.xml?:
  <bean class="com.candyland.web.converters.CandylandCollectionConverter"/>

Should I also add a bean for our custom validator manager that uses @Inject?
We currently have this in struts.xml but no <bean>:
  <constant name="struts.actionValidatorManager"
            value="com.candyland.web.ReportTemplateValidationManager"/>

--
Patrick