Right: "struts2-rest-showcase" works fine with tomcat 7 and 8.0.5.

Thank you :)

El vie 25 abr 2014 12:41:16 CEST, Lukasz Lenart escribió:
1. So, RESTful plug-in is just for implementing web services in Struts2,
isn't it?

Basically yes, how you will use it is up to you :-)

2. IMHO, a more detailed documentation would help newbies understand how-to
use REST plugin. Specially, explain the use of HTTPHeader instances. From a
newbie perspective it is difficult to understand, because we have learned
that actions return string results. I believe it worths a post in JIRA, what
do you think?

Yes, I know. That second aspect of returning also instance of result
directly isn't explained :-)

7. Yes, mvn jetty:run works, but pllug-in documentation states to move the
war file  to the servlet container. That's what I did (St2 2.3.16.1, Tomcat
8.0.3) and it results in HTTP 404. Anyone to double check Tomcat8? I't's a
war file, supposed to work in any servlet container.

Try with Tomcat 7, 8 has some bugs ;-)

8. I would recommend to offer wiki links in Documentation section of main
site http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/index.html.

Get Started ;-)

Anyway, this is outdated approach there be no more dedicated subsite -
need to find time to clean it up ;-)

Regards