(repost; I might have used the wrong sender address)

just a work-around I came to think of:

if you’re building with maven or ant, why not generate the validation.xml-files
from a home made xml configuration file using xxl(t)?

such tasks are built-in in ant and for maven there’s the xml-maven-plugin.
generate the files into the generated classes dir and presto.

just my 2c
mats