Christopher,

> > All,
> >
> > I've got a form which works nicely, and I'd like to add a "cancel"
> > button to it. Right now, I have an Action class that implements no
> > Struts2-defined interfaces... I just have the typical execute-style
> > methods edit() and save(). I'd like to call cancel() when the user
> > presses the cancel button.
> >
> > I've been both reading "Struts 2 in Action" and doing a bit of
> > Googling, but it's tough to find resources on implementing "cancel".
> >
> > I did see something about using a button with a name like
> > "redirect-action:index" but it wasn't clear when that redirection
> > takes place... before or after the action is invoked.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> You can use DMI (you must enable it first) and then you can use one of
> those solution
>
> https://struts.apache.org/docs/html-form-buttons-howto.html
> https://struts.apache.org/docs/multiple-submit-buttons.html
>
> basically:
> <s:submit method="cancel" value="Cancel"/>

Another option would be to register cancel() as a dedicated action:

http://struts.apache.org/docs/action-configuration.html#ActionConfiguration-ActionMethods

Then you would need another (non-visible) form with an according action
attribute.

But as cancel should not change server state or involve Database
operations I would rather use a link (styled as button) instead of
submitting a form. That gives you just a GET request while a form submit
usually means a POST-Redirect-GET cycle.

Regards,
Christoph