Can someone explain this section in the beginner's documentation
https://struts.apache.org/primer.html
?

Questions include:
What is meant by "mediated", "tied" "adapter" ? (I am a native English
speaker, with years of programming experience including Java.)
What is the difference between "represents" and "encapsulates"? These very
different terms are uses seemingly as synonyms.
"business logic and state" - again "logic" and "state" are very different
concepts.  Used here as synonyms.
"Forwarded back"  - oxymoron.
"Loose coupling" - oxymoron.
And, last but not least, "make applications significantly easier" - in the
category of "to boldly go" i.e. split infinitive.

Sorry to go all English teacher on you, but I really would like to
understand what the writer was intending to say.  He knows what he wants to
say, but what he says is not what he intends, apparently.

In the MVC/Model 2 design pattern, application flow is mediated by a
central Controller. The Controller delegates requests - in our case, HTTP
requests - to an appropriate handler. The handlers are tied to a Model, and
each handler acts as an adapter between the request and the Model. The
Model represents, or encapsulates, an application’s business logic or
state. Control is usually then forwarded back through the Controller to the
appropriate View. The forwarding can be determined by consulting a set of
mappings, usually loaded from a database or configuration file. This
provides a loose coupling between the View and Model, which can make
applications significantly easier to create and maintain.