From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgai...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:24 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List <user@struts.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Struts2 Rest Mapper Taking Over Non Rest Json Result

to control navigation why not map it?<action name="grid/*"
className="org.healthsmart.NonRestfulAction">    <param name="id">{1}</param>
 ...</action>
GET: /grid/method="index"when you reference /grid/ struts will call
org.healthsmart.NonRestfulAction index method
https://struts.apache.org/docs/restfulactionmapper.html

============or use DMI============
<package name="default" extends="struts-default"
strict-method-invocation="true">
  <action name="grid" class="org.healthsmart.NonRestfulAction">        <result
name="success">/WEB-INF/content/hello.jsp</result>        <result
name="redisplay" type="redirectAction">hello</result>
<allowed-methods>add</allowed-methods>    </action>
https://struts.apache.org/docs/action-configuration.html#ActionConfiguration-ActionMappings
I would check struts.mapper.prefixMapping for normal "rest prefixMapping vs
struts prefixMapping"
configurationhttps://struts.apache.org/docs/restfulactionmapper.html
if that looks ok as a last result you can implement a custom mapper which will
read the URL and redirect to correct class
programaticallyhttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/17697432/struts2-rest-plugin-making-both-struts-actions-rest-actions-work-together-but
Martin