> Removing @Service helped. In addition I had to remove the remaining
> Actions from applicationContext.xml (I am in the middle of a
> transition).
>
> It's kind a weird, because it worked with the previous version of
> Struts. Was there a change in the injection behavior? I am glad I know
> about @Service yet, but still, I would love to know.

No, it isn't related to an injection mechanism, I mean there was no
change as far I know. Basically defining actions as services is a bad
idea - actions should be clients for services not to provide them. As
ActionSupport implements LocaleProvider by default it means it can be
injected in any bean that requires it (e.g. I18NInterceptor).

I am not sure why it worked before, LocaleProvider is there for a bit
and it's used in few places but since 2.5.5 is also used in the
interceptor https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4677 - maybe
that's the case.

Regards
--