Hi Adam,

I have not tried Jackson and the Spring AOP outside of Struts2. My context
is: modify a Struts web application (with spring-plugin and json-plugin) to
add some functionality (advices) through AOP. I would have to test in
another application to see if there is any problem between Jackson and
Spring AOP proxies.

On the other hand, when you say "*We just set content-type to application
json*" Are you using json-plugin? In my case I have used both "text/html"
and "application/json" (using json-plugin) but in both cases the
serialization is executed by json-plugin automatically.

According to the documentation, the results supported are
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Result+Types Have you
implemented a custom result?

Thanks