> In cases where the Struts community is notified or discovers a security
> vulnerability in a supported version, does the evaluation process include
> identifying unsupported versions that may be impacted as well? I realize the
> recommendation will likely be to upgrade to a supported version but I just
> wanted to confirm that even EOL versions are taken into account when
> identifying potential impacts.

We support two lines now:
- 2.3.x where you can expect only security fixes and small
improvements (mostly incorporated from the main line)
- 2.5.x our main line, with security fixes and new features

When verifying a vulnerability report we try to investigate which
versions are affected down the line but we omit EOLed versions (in
this case Struts 1).

Regards
--
Ɓukasz