> On 14 Sep 2017, at 16:03, Yasser Zamani <yasser.zam...@live.com> wrote:
>
> Do last three exceptions occur in same time, in one action call (I think
> because of first word of their lines 73709, 73712 and 73716 and their
> same thread name "http-nio-8082-exec-9") ? If so, it means you want to
> evaluate <s:property value="actionTitle", <s:property value="action" and
> <s:property value="title" against different objects ActionOption,
> ActionOptionBase and BasemydomainAction. I wonder how do you reach such
> state or maybe I miss something but it's impossible while only one
> object can be root of the OGNL.

This is an old application, first written around 10 years ago and maintained
since then. It is possible that we have misinterpreted the intent of some of
the Struts support classes over the years, and equally it is possible that the
intent of those classes has changed. I know that the application worked up
until this latest release.

The actions are complex and consist of a series of sub-actions which are
re-usable. The top level Actions (which I’ll cal Routes) *and* the sub-actions
each inherit ultimately from ActionSupport. So, Route 1 might be a chain of
sub-action A, sub-action B, sub-action C and Route 2 might be sub-action A
followed by sub-action C then sub-action D. The Route object’s execute()
function delegates in turn to the sub-actions. The Route level actions are
defined in struts.xml whereas the sub-actions are created in the constructors
of the Route-level actions. I suspect that this is why things are now breaking,
but they did not do so previously.

The application is now largely in maintenance-only mode and we have only been
working on it when security concerns arise. I don’t have the resources to
commit to re-architecting so finding security updates that break the code as a
side-effect is something that causes grief :(

I’m pretty sure that the context-fallback should get this code working again,
so I’d be keen to get an ETA on that point release if it’s likely to happen.

Thanks for the work that you guys do. It is very much appreciated (even if we
don’t give that impression at times).

Later,

Andy

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.