> Hi,
>
> thank you once again for your support, Łukasz and Adam!
>
> @Łukasz: you're absolutly right to say:
> "I would rather pass a localised string to the bean (if possible), this
> creates a dependency on Struts in non-Struts related bean"
>
> Depending on that I ONLY want to use the same resource bundle as struts, so
> i decided to do it that way...
>
> public class FileReader {
>
>         private static Locale locale = null;
>         private static ResourceBundle resourceBundle = null;
>
>         public static BrowscapBean determineBrowscapFileReader(String
> userAgentString) {
>
>                 locale = ActionContext.getContext().getLocale();
>                 resourceBundle =
> ResourceBundle.getBundle(Globals.RESOURCE_BUNDLE_GLOBAL, locale);
>
>                 /*
>                  * Get the i18n text for "string" from ActionContext.
>                  */
>                 String i18nString =
> resourceBundle.getString("global.unknown");
>
>                 myBean.setPropertyName(i18nString);

>         }
> }

You can always use container to fetch the current instance of
LocalizedTextProvider (ancesor of the LocalizedTextUtil):

LocalizedTextProvider ltp =
ActionContext.getContext().getInstance(LocalizedTextProvider.class);
String i18nstring = ltp.findDefaultText("global.unknown",
ActionContext.getContext().getLocale());

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/