Hi Lukasz,

Unfortunately, the coding conventions in our application are not up to
today's standards. We were given this old application to work on hence some
of the conventions (such as scriplets) are not ideal.

This is the supposed flow:

struts.xml:

<action name="viewMyRequest" method="viewMyRequest"
class="com.MyRequestAction">
<result name="success">/jsp/viewMyRequest.jsp</result>
</action>

method viewMyRequest (we had tested the java file itself, and the request
is setting corerctly):

public String viewMyRequest() throws Exception {
SearchCriteriaVO searchCriteriaVO= constructSearchCriteria();
MyRequestDelegate myRequestDelegate = new MyRequestDelegate();
ViewReqDetails = myRequestDelegate.getRequestViewDetails(searchCriteriaVO);
ViewReqDetails.setEditApprover(false);
String searchEnabled=request.getParameter("searchEnabled");
if(searchEnabled!=null&&searchEnabled.equalsIgnoreCase("true")){
ViewReqDetails.setSearchEnabled(true);
}
setViewReqDetails(ViewReqDetails);
request.setAttribute("ViewReqDetails", ViewReqDetails);
return  SUCCESS;
}

SUCCESS here should mean that the result will ensure that page will get
routed to /jsp/viewMyRequest.jsp.

Problem now is that even though ViewReqDetails attribute was set, the value
is not transferring over once we try to retrieve this value in the jsp file:

viewMyRequest.jsp:

ViewReqDetailsVO ViewReqDetails =
(ViewReqDetailsVO)request.getAttribute("ViewReqDetails");
java.util.List classficationList = ViewReqDetails.getClassficationList();

A null value is being returned here, which is most likely why we get 403
forbidden also.

I am not sure where in struts/tiles update caused the passing of request
attributes to change though, but I am guessing that is what caused this.

Thanks!