I would like to use a tile definition in an action forward with request
parameters. I have an Action that takes a forward mapped in the Action
definition and supplies it with parameters by appending it to the path and
then creating a new ActionForward with the supplied parameters. I can't use
something like this for some reason:

<action
        <forward name="list" path=".apps.list"/>
</action>

where .apps.list is defined in my tiles-defs.xml.

And then in my Action class I try to do this:

        forward = mapping.findForward( "list" );
        path = new StringBuffer( forward.getPath() );
        path.append( "?page=" + page );
        path.append( "&total=" + total );
        return new ActionForward( path.toString() );

The RequestProcessor tries to do the forward and it can't because the URL is
invalid. Why isn't the Tiles Action servlet catching this and make the
correct substitution?

Albert