Thanks a lot for such a huge feedback, I am impressed and thankful :)

After rethinking all your comments I think I will strat with a
mini-book. I never wrote a book so starting with a small thing should
be easier and achievable as I would like to finish the book till the
end of this year. Thanks Dave for you insights on this :)

The idea is similar to long ago published book on InfoQ [1]. I would
like to focus on the following topics:
- creating an app using Maven Archetypes [2] with an explanation of
each part, how to use it, when to use it, etc.
- basic configuration: struts.xml and including other xml files,
properties, bundles
- internal DI, show some examples and how to develop and register your own beans
- integration with Spring
- integration with Tiles
- basic login and auth implementation

wdyt?

Dave
do you have any recommendation what to use to write and publish the
book? I thought about using leanpub.com

[1] https://www.infoq.com/minibooks/starting-struts2
[2] https://struts.apache.org/maven-archetypes/

Regards