śr., 28 wrz 2022 o 16:15 Burton Rhodes <burtonrho...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Lukasz -
> I have queried you on this before, but I am trying to get to the bottom of
> why the class Dale Newfield recommended (many years ago) to solve the Open
> Session during ExecuteAndWait problem gives me issues from time to time
> [1]. Recently (as our user base grows) I am getting NPEs more and more on
> the synchronized "lock" variable. I posed the question to StackExchange
> [2], and one contributor suggested there is a race condition by extending
> the BackgroundProcess class.
>
> Full disclosure, this kind of problem starts to get over my head, so I am
> wondering if you might have some guidance on how I can once and for all fix
> this issue.
>
> As always, thanks in advance.
>
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/HibernateAndSpringEnabledExecuteAndWaitInterceptor
>
> [2]
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73858251/how-to-properly-use-a-lock-variable-for-synchronization-in-a-serializable-clas?noredirect=1#comment130421653_73858251

As far as I understand the answer on SO, we must change how the
BackgroundProcess is initialised - instead of using a constructor
based logic, move it into a method or so.
Would you mind registering a ticket in JIRA with the above description?

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/