Hi Luk

I have tested by cloning the PR and building in my local and facing the same
issue as below mentioned.
When I tried with 6.4.0 version also am facing the same issue.

Exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception

com.acnielsen.gbs.prd.authentication.GbsAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GbsAuthenticationFilter.java:86)
Root Cause
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'org.apache.commons.lang3.Range
org.apache.commons.lang3.Range.of(java.lang.Comparable, java.lang.Comparable)'

org.apache.commons.text.translate.NumericEntityEscaper.<init>(NumericEntityEscaper.java:97)

org.apache.commons.text.translate.NumericEntityEscaper.between(NumericEntityEscaper.java:59)

org.apache.commons.text.StringEscapeUtils.<clinit>(StringEscapeUtils.java:270)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.<init>(DefaultActionProxy.java:87)

org.apache.struts2.factory.StrutsActionProxy.<init>(StrutsActionProxy.java:34)

org.apache.struts2.factory.StrutsActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(StrutsActionProxyFactory.java:30)

com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:60)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.createActionProxy(Dispatcher.java:745)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.prepareActionProxy(Dispatcher.java:731)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:694)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ExecuteOperations.executeAction(ExecuteOperations.java:79)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.handleRequest(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:157)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.tryHandleRequest(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:140)

org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.doFilter(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:128)

com.acnielsen.gbs.prd.authentication.GbsAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GbsAuthenticationFilter.java:86)

Am unable to proceed the request further and test the fix. It would be really
grateful if you could provide any hint on fixing the issue. I have tried fixing
the issue from morning by doing different approach
Have seen a archive email for the same issue -
https://www.mail-archive.com/user@commons.apache.org/msg12862.html

I tried the resolution mentioned in the email, but that doesn't work for me.

Thanks and Regards,
Saravanan.S
FTMS/NFT APP-DEV Team
Mob:- +91 9715644123.
[cid:6042b1f8-1c1e-4078-b161-fcfc9c7c9df1]
This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and then immediately delete it from
your system. This email and the contents of an attachment to this e-mail may
contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. Although
Nielsen has taken reasonable precautions to minimize this risk, it cannot
accept liability for any damage you may sustain as a result of software viruses
________________________________
Got it, I will test the PR specifically by cloning in local.

Any idea on below issue? When I test with the 7.0.0-M4 version am not facing
issue somehow am facing in 6.5-SNAPSHOT version.

Thanks and Regards,
Saravanan.S
FTMS/NFT APP-DEV Team
Mob:- +91 9715644123.
[cid:b5ded316-c7c5-479c-994d-1be0dca7cbf0]
This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and then immediately delete it from
your system. This email and the contents of an attachment to this e-mail may
contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. Although
Nielsen has taken reasonable precautions to minimize this risk, it cannot
accept liability for any damage you may sustain as a result of software viruses
________________________________
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.

This fix wasn't integrated with the SNAPSHOT version yet - it exists
only in the PR, if you want to test it you must clone the PR locally
and build it.

pon., 22 kwi 2024 o 11:08 SARAVANAN SIVAGURU
<saravanan.sivag...@nielseniq.com.invalid> napisał(a):

> Hi Luk
>
> Faced any issues during the testing of the fix with 6.5-SNAPSHOT version like
> below,
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'org.apache.commons.lang3.Range
> org.apache.commons.lang3.Range.of(java.lang.Comparable, java.lang.Comparable)'
> org.apache.commons.text.translate.NumericEntityEscaper.<init>(NumericEntityEscaper.java:97)
> org.apache.commons.text.translate.NumericEntityEscaper.between(NumericEntityEscaper.java:59)
> org.apache.commons.text.StringEscapeUtils.<clinit>(StringEscapeUtils.java:271)
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.<init>(DefaultActionProxy.java:87)
> org.apache.struts2.factory.StrutsActionProxy.<init>(StrutsActionProxy.java:34)
> org.apache.struts2.factory.StrutsActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(StrutsActionProxyFactory.java:30)
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:60)
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.createActionProxy(Dispatcher.java:781)
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.prepareActionProxy(Dispatcher.java:767)
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:730)
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ExecuteOperations.executeAction(ExecuteOperations.java:79)
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.handleRequest(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:163)
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.tryHandleRequest(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:146)
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.doFilter(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:134)
> com.acnielsen.gbs.prd.authentication.GbsAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GbsAuthenticationFilter.java:86)

Not sure why do you get this, I would clean the workspace first

Did you specify the SNAPSHOT repository? SNAPSHOT versions are not
available in the Maven Central so you must provide additional settings
https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstruts.apache.org%2Fbuilds.html%23test-builds&data=05%7C02%7CSARAVANAN.SIVAGURU%40nielseniq.com%7Cf4758df9fa6940bc2ee908dc62af4973%7C6ac7a1f45fb14153bb4f12d2020a1f7d%7C0%7C0%7C638493752192129396%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=p6wvJ%2BWR4OVrPgevgrUbD9qGXmoMV%2BRe6tvMUN9HfRs%3D&reserved=0<https://struts.apache.org/builds.html#test-builds>

Cheers
Lukasz