Jim Barrows wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bill Siggelkow

Jim, I know it seems like its unrelated but its really not ... when you create an <action> element you are really defining an instance of ActionMapping (which extends ActionConfig). One of the "properties" of the ActionMapping is the type of the Action. Another is the path, whether to validate or not -- etc. If anything, the confusion lies in the name of the element -- it might be less confusing (but more verbose) it it were <action-mapping>.

WHat I was trying to do, was create a generic wizard action class, and use the set-property to set the maximum number of pages in the wizard, and be able to use that setup for multiple different wizards. Setting that value per action would have been perfect.

Have you considered using Spring? Works well with Struts, and allows you to inject values like that.