Shawn,

The JavaScript function should be "validateUserForm(this);" in your onsubmit. You need to name the function using the name of the form. You can also take a look at the HTML source that is generated and you will see the name of the JavaScript function that is generated by Struts.

TR
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shawn Sandy wrote:
Thanks, I'm past that, now when I submit a form to be validated, no validation happens
(required validation).

In my jsp I have these tags

staticJavascript="false"/>

and my validations.xml looks like this

<form-validation>
        <formset>
                <form name="userForm">
                        <field property="name" depends="required">
                                <arg0 key="err.msg"/>
                        </field>
                </form>
        </formset>
</form-validation>

and my DynaForm is defined like this (which DynaForm extends DynaValidatorActionForm

<form-bean name="userForm" dynamic="true" type="com.xxx.struts.forms.DynaForm">
                        <form-property name="securityLevel"
type="java.lang.String"/>
                        <form-property name="id"
type="java.lang.Long"/>