The values displayed on the page are copied from the form bean, so the
right answer is to set the value of the "schedule" property in your
form bean to true.  This can be done in the form bean constructor (if
you want this initial value all the time), or -- more typical for an
update scenario -- you can execute a "setup" action that pre-fills the
form bean (perhaps from information loaded from a database) before
forwarding to the page.

Craig