From: Uma Yarakaraju [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 11:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PlugIn/ ActionServlet init() method called 2 times in Linux

Hi,

Can anyone pl help on my below mail? Some more things I noticed are:

I downloaded the latest struts-1.2.2 zip. To the struts-blank.war I
added a simple plugin class (that prints system.out.println in the
constructor, init, and destroy methods) called MyPlugIn.java. I deployed
the struts-blank in tomcat-4.1.18 on WIN 2k. Works fine where the print
statements are printed once.

Whereas in tomcat-4.1.18 on Linux they are printed 2 times each.

I tried using an extended ActionServlet class for initialization. Even
in this constructor, init() and destroy() methods are called 2 times on
Linux and once on windows.

I did really appreciate any help as our application has to go live and
this could affect the performance of our application (as the DB
connections are created multiple times).

Can anyone pl suggest ways to initialize a struts webapp other than
plugIn and extended ActionServlet.

Thanks & Regards,
Uma.