+1 that is is probably named getTestVar so you'd likely need

-David

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fuller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:11 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Problem in defining tab inside JSP file

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:59:44 -0700 (PDT), Manisha Sathe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am totally new to structs / JSP / Java. I am modifying the existing
program. Want to put one html tag inside the JSP file. I tried

> but i always get error
>
> [ServletException in:RoomListContent.jsp] No getter method for property
testvar of bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN'

Sometimes error messages can be very informative.  It simply states
that the form that the action is using has no method named
"getTestvar".