Yep. I usually bunch all action type stuff in the action package.
Like forms, action utils, value objects used in actions, etc...
I guess it more or less represents the presentation part of the package
and the service represents the business part. I only see a need to dissect
it into these two because the actions should only need to talk to the
service layer. The service layer should be talking to reusable components
in some other package like com.acme.components.whatever.

robert