Well, validate="false" is now on my action and in the code is

DynaValidatorForm dynForm = (DynaValidatorForm) form;
ActionErrors dynFormErrors = dynForm.validate(mapping, request);
if (! dynFormErrors.isEmpty()) {
  logger.debug("invalid form");
  saveErrors(request, errors);
  return mapping.findForward(VIEW_CREATE_STEP1);
}

but the validation here is not working, i.e with the data I am submitting the above
block should be run but it is skipped because no errors are present.

Using this manual mechanism with DynaActionForm, will validate(mapping, request) still
tie up with the declarative validator-rules.xml/validate.xml files?

ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055