I'm new to the mailing list, so hope my conventions are okay.

I've observed some unusual behaviour with ActionForms. I wondered if anybody
else had seen this, and how they worked around the problem.

I've compared the behaviour of the simple "logon" application in the Husted/
McClanahan book across two different platforms (Platform 1 is Win 2k, Tomcat
5.x, jdk 1.4.x, struts 1.1 and Platform 2 is FreeBSD v4.7, Tomcat 4.1.30, jdk
1.3.1, struts 1.1).

The basic app. works as expected apart from one significant and unfortunate
difference. Under Platform 2, the contents of an ActionForm are not
re-displayed to the user when a screen is re-displayed, e.g. following
incomplete supply of login credentials.

I understand that the struts 1.1 framework is backwards-compatible with Tomcat
4.x and jdk 1.3.x, so was surprised to see the variation.

It seems to be a consistent problem; I've observed similar difficulties in
re-displaying user input in other struts examples.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

James.