I may be missing something here,  but if the file is on the local client it
would seem that the only way to display the local page is to return a page
with a link to the local file:

Which of course the user would have click through for the actual display.

JC

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      ler.com                  To:       "Struts Users Mailing List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                               cc:

                      09/22/2004 01:50         Subject:  Re: Forward to a file on hard
drive
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

I'm sorry to report it doesn't work.  As best I can tell It wants to find
the file in the application context.  I base that on the 404 and the
location being the RouterAction with parm...

http://localhost:9080/AIM/router.do?destination=handHeld

from a forward of

forward name="handHeld" path="file:///C:/AIM/AuditorWorkQueueHandheld.html"
redirect="true"

This is the toString on the Forward in my RouterAction

Forward =
ForwardConfig[name=handHeld,path=file:///C:/AIM/AuditorWorkQueueHandheld.html,redirect=true,contextRelative=false]

I may have to try the stream to response suggestion or hardcode it some
javascript.

Bart

"Frank W. Zammetti (MLists)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 09/22/2004
02:12:00 PM:

> Ok, seems like my brain is asleep earlier than usual today...
>
> I agree, if that is indeed the case, the redirect should in all
> probability work as Hubert says.  I would expect it to until I saw
> otherwise anyway.
>
> --
> Frank W. Zammetti
> Founder and Chief Software Architect
> Omnytex Technologies
> http://www.omnytex.com
>
> On Wed, September 22, 2004 2:08 pm, Hubert Rabago said:
> > Hmm... and my understanding was that the file is installed on the
> > user's machine.
> >
> > "and then render the html page from the local hard drive."
> >
> > If I misunderstood, then the code sample I posted wouldn't work.
> >
> > Hubert
> >
> > On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:05:43 -0400 (EDT), Frank W. Zammetti (MLists)
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> That presumes that the app server is on the same box as the client
> >> (which
> >> is, I think, the only way the file:// path would work).  IF that's the
> >> case, then yes, Hubert's suggestion would probably work just fine.  I
> >> had
> >> assumed, from the description given, that this wasn't the case.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Frank W. Zammetti
> >> Founder and Chief Software Architect
> >> Omnytex Technologies
> >> http://www.omnytex.com

> >> 09/22/2004

> >> are

> >> from

> >> the

> >> PM:

> >> is a
> >> this

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary,
or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (972)766-6900 in Texas; or
(800)835-8699 in New Mexico.