Youre probably validating the action each time in. Guessing that the
validations flunk because fields werent filled in (how could they be? it's a
new screen!).

I have an action that goes to the screen specifically that doesn't do
validation. The Submit action for it does the validation.

You can logic:iterate over your messages, putting <BR>'s between each
message, or, if youre just using html:errors, there is a way to specify
formatting for the errors in the properties file. Kinda gross IMHO since
youre putting HTML into the properties file.

For example:

errors.prefix=<LI>
errors.suffix=</LI>